discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

MURDER IN VENICE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mats
registered

PostPosted: Mon 11 Jul, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: MURDER IN VENICE Reply with quote

Anyone who enjoys great mystery reading has or should read/read both Dona Leon and Micheal Dibdin. They both feature police leads working in Venice. The city itself is always a "character" in both series.
In trying to follow the action, maps are usually included in their books.
Still, maps don't do justice to this incredible city. I wonderd out loud to Mrs. MEF if aerial photos of Venice were available. YES, they are; the most incredible of these is located at http://www.spaceimaging.com/gallery/top_10/venice_2000.html
This image is huge and requires a minute of so to download; but the detail!!!!!!!!!!!! It is really beautiful and worth the wait! A must-look!

Mats
registered

PostPosted: Mon 11 Jul, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Venice Photo Upate Reply with quote

When I looked at the Venice image, my first reaction was " Want a 5m x 3m print of this on my wall. Well, it turns out that SpaceImaging caters to industrial needs, not small homeusers. The data on the Venice shot is available on disc for about $400; you are left to have the printing done yourself. NOT your $19.99 poster!

meow
registered

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEF wrote:
http://www.spaceimaging.com/gallery/top_10/venice_2000.html

nice picture, it looks so close to being the next underwater city like atlantis, another big picture ...

parisbynight

(its actualy huge, if it looks small its becuse browser such as IE resizes it to fit)

pic from this site (plus613.com)

edit: fixed (I hope) the broken link to parisbynight - llizard

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Sat 27 Aug, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meow wrote:

parisbynight

Whoa! Cool. I like that it is basically a circular image.

MEF wrote:
http://www.spaceimaging.com/gallery/top_10/venice_2000.html

Now how did I miss seeing this? This is also a fantastic view.

I love aerial views... the last time we flew from Paris to Toronto, it was a spectacularly clear day. I was almost relieved when we finally started flying over the ocean - I had a crick in my neck from staring in fascination at the wonderful patchwork.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: