discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

H5N1 - avian flu - a bit scary

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mats
registered

PostPosted: Fri 14 Oct, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: H5N1 - avian flu - a bit scary Reply with quote

Although no human cases have yet surfaced in North America, surely, with the rapid movement from Asia to Europe, it cannot be long in coming. There were many facts about this virus that I didn't know, just having read the CDC fact sheet http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avian/gen-info/facts.htm
Careful with birds!!!

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Fri 14 Oct, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit to being very cynical when I hear the media reporting health scares. I heard about this particular one a year ago and how many have died since then? 65 isn't it? That's hardly worth mentioning when compared other flu strains. Remember the fuss about SARS? That was going to wipe out the planet wasn't it? This news story feels like a similar piece of scarmongering sensationalist journalism. I feel we're much more at risk from MRSA.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: