discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Total posts

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Wed 02 Jan, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Total posts Reply with quote

Code:
650|
   |
   |___________
   |           |
   |           |
600|           |
   |           |
   |           |
   |           |
   |           |
550|           |
   |           |
   |           |
   |           |
   |           |
500|           |
   |           |
   |           |
   |           |
   |           |
450|           |
   |           |
   |           |
   |           |
   |           |___________
400|           |           |
   |           |           |
350|           |           |
   |           |           |___________
   |           |           |           |___________
300|           |           |           |           |
   |           |           |           |           |
   |           |           |           |           |___________
250|           |           |           |           |           |
   |           |           |           |           |           |
   |           |           |           |           |           |___________ ___________
200|           |           |           |           |           |           |           |
   |           |           |           |           |           |           |           |
   |           |           |           |           |           |           |           |
150|           |           |           |           |           |           |           |
100|           |           |           |           |           |           |           |
 50|           |           |           |           |           |           |           |
   |___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|___________|
      llizard     CAM          MEF         blm      MrsBrown      David       others
      + ejm
ejm
registered

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Wed 02 Jan, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Total posts Reply with quote

Just what exactly are you saying?? That I talk too much?? That I can't shut up??

(In your graft* making, did you take into account the posts from the StarBlvd archives that aren't really mine?)

* When I was in school, I had a summer job working as a temp. At one of the offices (it was a blue jeans manufacturer), my job was to "make grafts of each worker to show their productivity". It took me ages to understand what I was supposed to do.

Grafts? I'm afraid I don't know what those are.
"You know. Line grafts."
Line Grafts? (am I at a tree farm???)

Finally, the guy drew a graft for me.... Yikes...

David
registered

Slogan:

Peripheral Visionary

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jan, 2008 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random thought process: TV listings magazine --> Zena Warrior Princess --> Lucy Lawless --> Lawless in Lotusland

Having remembered the name "Lawless in Lotusland" and wondered how long it has been since he/she posted here so I looked at the Memberlist because some forums show the date of the last post of each member. Then I saw the total number of posts and wondered "How sociable I am compared to the other members?" Not very, it turns out. I can amuse myself for hours playing with numbers. For example, a Pareto Analysis shows that 5 people are responsible for 80% of all posts and the top 3 posters made more posts than everyone else put together.

Next week: David's wasted life explained by Venn diagrams.

EDIT: What the? The number "eighty" is considered so offensive that it must be changed into 80?
ejm
registered

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jan, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
What the? The number "eighty" is considered so offensive that it must be changed into 80?

Hmmmm, must I put a note to check the "Disable Smilies in this post" box if using 8 and 0 side by side? (Or I suppose that I could go ferreting around in the inner workings to remove that annoyance.)

Hmmm, which shall I do? Do I need to put up a poll to find out what others would like?

David wrote:
Next week: David's wasted life explained by Venn diagrams.

You don't even know what "wasted life" means!

hohoho whoo hoo! hohoho stomp hohoho skip hohoho whoohoo! hohoho

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Thu 03 Jan, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

80 80 80 80 80

sorry, couldn't resist.

AND, it ups my total number of posts. I'm sad to see that I'm only a few above "others". I guess I have to talk more.

Mats
registered

PostPosted: Fri 04 Jan, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Post numbers Reply with quote

I like this forum because I can exchange ideas. I couldn't care less about the number of posts that I make.
Still, I'm determined now to "make it to the top"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ha, ha

Lawless in Lotusland
registered

Slogan:

Get Serious. Get Lawless.

PostPosted: Mon 07 Jan, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
...Lawless in Lotusland

Lawless here. I lurk from time to time. Have been busy ranting about lawlessness in various and sundry jurisdictions like Myanmar, Pakistan, the USA and Canada.

Happy new year to all those on llizard's forum.

Speaking of Lucy, someone once called me "Lucy in the sky with diamonds." I was never sure whether this was meant to be an insult.

Mats
registered

PostPosted: Tue 08 Jan, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Numbers Reply with quote

David, you said you are fascinated by numbers; how about this number - whose postings attract the greatest "views"? Does the number of views have any relation to the subject of the post? Do some of the very high number of views just reflect Google hits of words or topics that happen to be "hot"? I expect some high quality grafts in you response!!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: