discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

tour de France - OLN taping

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Mon 04 Jul, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: tour de France - OLN taping Reply with quote

The Tour de France has begun and we are taping the morning sessions that are broadcast on OLN (Outdoor Life Network). Good thing too! It turns out that the evening broadcasts do NOT feature the incomparable Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen. Instead are some lame duck American announcers.

Today the tour roughly followed the Loire upstream from near Nantes. NOW I understand why people choose to cycle along the Loire. There are magnificent Chateaux galore! I wonder if it ever gets slightly less tourist bound in that area?

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jul, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Re: tour de France - OLN taping Reply with quote

llizard wrote:
The Tour de France has begun ...

whoohoo! whoohoo!

We watched the last 45 minutes of this morning's broadcast and saw
Spoiler (highlight to read):

• - the fastest team time trial ever. I guess it was the fastest ever for that particular team time trial for that stretch of the Tour. (Unless all time trials are over a set distance.)
  • - the first and second place teams finishing within 2 seconds of each other. (Last year the second place team was a minute down.)
  • - the yellow jersey rider crashing 1.5 km from the end. (If the crash happens within 1 km of the end, the rider gets to have the team time, but outside 1 km he has to take whatever time he managers to ride himself after remounting the bike, and with injuries.)
  • - Lance Armstrong take over the yellow jersey, due to the crash.

Interesting that the alternate colour causes the spoiler text to show up. I thought that seeing just "yellow jersey" wouldn't spoil anything so I left it showing. And then I decided to add a couple more teasers. stomp

I'm looking forward to catching a day of "ordinary" racing to see some scenery, but today's racing was extremely exciting to see.
la la la

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Tue 05 Jul, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: tour de France - OLN taping Reply with quote

blm wrote:
today's racing was extremely exciting to see.
la la la

Wow!! And silly me. I chose not to watch today's stage because I find team time trials to be not so interesting.

Could I have been more wrong?? stomp

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: