discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

lamb in pesto

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Tue 06 Sep, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: lamb in pesto Reply with quote

Last night was my night to cook, and I took two largish lamb chops out of the freezer. Our balcony garden is overflowing with herbs, and I thought it would be nice to marinate the lamb in a slurry of basil, garlic and olive oil. "Hey!" I said to myself, that's only a couple of steps away from pesto. So I made the pesto from llizard's site bravo! (with toasted pine nuts, but without the cream) http://etherwork.net/ejmtph/recipes/sauces.html#pesto and slathered the thawed lamb chops with the pesto for a couple of hours. Then I baked them covered in the oven (on a grill inside the cast iron frying pan) until they were nearly done. At this point, there was the most wonderful goo in the bottom of the pan which I drizzled over the chops. Then I removed the cover and roasted them for another ten minutes.

The wonderful goo had been thick enough that it remained on top of the chops, so there was only a bit of oil in the bottom of the pan when I took it out of the oven.

The chops were heavenly. Extremely pesto-y and lamb-y!

skip skip skip skip skip at last! at last! at last! at last! at last! at last! at last!

Hmm, is it unseemly to have the jumping lamb here?

MrsBrown
registered

Slogan:

Spice Cake--You're soaking in it!

PostPosted: Tue 06 Sep, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds delicious!! Oh, how I wish I liked lamb! Perhaps the same thing could be done with pork? skip la la la skip la la la skip la la la or maybe chicken?

I just described this to MrBrown who loves lamb. He wants to eat this dinner. When I told him about the pesto, he said "basil pesto?" and I thought "well, what other kind would there be?" but then I remembered that I made cilantro pesto when the garden was overflowing with cilantro and I've made parsley pesto as well. The cilantro pesto was very good but not as good as basil pesto.

at last! at last! at last! at last! at last! at last! at last! at last! skip la la la skip la la la Why isn't there a dancing chicken?

Barbara
registered

Slogan:

Professional Loller

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrsBrown wrote:
Perhaps the same thing could be done with pork? skip la la la skip la la la skip la la la or maybe chicken?

I just described this to MrBrown who loves lamb. He wants to eat this dinner.

at last! at last! at last! at last! at last! at last! at last! at last! skip la la la skip la la la Why isn't there a dancing chicken?

I'm sure it would be excellent with pork. Maybe chicken too, but it would probably be different.

at last! la la la at last! la la la skip at last! skip at last!

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too wish that I liked lamb. This does sound pretty fantastic. But I bet it would be great with pork.

I made a huge batch of basil pesto for freezing in icecube trays so we can have a taste of summer in the dead of winter. (Sometimes I make mint pesto too that is to die for.) There was just a little left over after I filled two icecube trays. I used about a teaspoon in a vinaigrette for salad - whoa!! That was delicious!

And the other day, we grilled shrimp to go with our new favourite side dish of spaghettini with preserved lemons and we put the last little bit of pesto onto the shrimp just after they came off the grill. Mmmmmmmm! Pesto goes as well with shrimp as it does with salmon.

at last! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! whoohoo! at last!

MrsBrown wrote:
Why isn't there a dancing chicken?

Oh oh So many demands. Maybe later... stomp

CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

llizard wrote:
MrsBrown wrote:
Why isn't there a dancing chicken?

Oh oh So many demands. Maybe later... stomp

And what about a dancing shrimp? We have everything else... Oh oh

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAM wrote:
And what about a dancing shrimp? We have everything else...

Exclamation Will the demands never end Question Exclamation Exclamation

Hmmmm, perhaps I had better create a stopsign first.... stomp

CAM
registered

Slogan:

Can't Do It In Real Life? Do It On Llizard's Forum

PostPosted: Wed 07 Sep, 2005 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

llizard wrote:
Exclamation Will the demands never end Question Exclamation Exclamation

Hmmmm, perhaps I had better create a stopsign first.... stomp

Oh yes, a stop sign would be very nice.... wink Oh oh

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: