discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

=,=`==ivy==`=,=

forum guidelines . eyeglasses  disclaimer - read me . recipes from our kitchen . blog from our kitchen 

how to put a Webster's Online Dictionary search box on your site

etherwork.net
discussions of various subjects - emphasis on food and recipes, travel, art, gardening

Register Log in Log in to check your private messages FAQ Memberlist Search Usergroups etherwork.net Forum Index

Mr. Gadget Buys a Freezer

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mats
registered

PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Mr. Gadget Buys a Freezer Reply with quote

I've always envied people who can buy food in large quantities when they are on sale (i.e. who have a freezer). Well, after I saw this ad :Canadian Tire - product detail
I decided that it was possible to have a freezer in an apartment. It is really fun, even after just one day. A local store was selling prime rib roasts at 60% off the regular price - 2 are now in the freezer! The same with 1/2 price pork ribs and calamari. I can imagine all kinds of fun in the future!

edit: the link doesn't seem to go to a freezer at all and requires one to fill in a postal code. (I hate these sites that want to find out all sorts of things about me so that they can send me more junk) I gather that the chest freezer I saw after typing "freezer" into the search window at http://www.canadiantire.ca/ is what you were looking at, MEF. -llizard

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llizard wrote:
so that they can send me more junk

Not that a small chest freezer might be considered junk. This is a very interesting idea to entertain... I've often thought it might be a good idea to have a small freezer separate from the refrigerator.

Mats
registered

PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Hmmm... Reply with quote

My link takes me right to the Canadian Tire description; does this depend on the browser?

llizard (aka ejm)
Administrator

Slogan:

Come to Life. Come to Laziness.

PostPosted: Wed 12 Oct, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Hmmm... Reply with quote

MEF wrote:
My link takes me right to the Canadian Tire description; does this depend on the browser?

It probably depends on the cookies. If you clear your Canadian Tire cookies and go to the link, I suspect that you will be taken to the page where you have to enter your postal code.

Mats
registered

PostPosted: Sun 30 Oct, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Forgive the Pun - It's really Cool! Reply with quote

Having a freezer with only 3.6 cubic foot capacity may not sound like much, BUT, it's fabulous. Whenever I spot something at a ridiculously low price, I simply get more then we can possibly use at the moment. In terms of energy, it consumes a paltry 215 kWh/ year!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.#phpforum   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    etherwork.net Forum Index » anything and everything (within reason) - archive All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: